George has spent countless hours helping thousands of people affected by substance abuse & mental health issues. He works as a Dual Diagnosis Consultant on the Gold Coast and throughout Australia.
George is committed to reaching out to people struggling with addictive behaviours, particularly those with severe life controlling problems due to significant trauma.
He works in areas of court advocacy, counselling, outreach, running community forums, seminars and recovery groups for drug users (including dual diagnosis) & their loved ones.
George’s areas of specialty include:
- Psycho-dynamic & Trauma Model Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Motivational Interviewing
- Solution Focused & Narrative Therapy
- Brief and Early Intervention
- Diploma in AOD (Alcohol & Other Drugs)
- Diploma in Mental Health
- Diploma in Counselling
- Diploma in Comorbidity (AOD & Mental Health)
- Graduate Certificate in Health: Addiction Studies
- Certificate IV T.A.A. (Training And Assessment)
- Diploma in Management
- Diploma in Community Welfare
- Certificate IV in Community Development
- Certificate IV in Assessment & Workplace Training
George has over 25 yrs experience and has accreditation with Victorian Department of Human Services as a Clinical Drug Assessor. Since 2002, he conducts basic & advanced training in drug & alcohol and mental health issues.
He also offers clinical supervision for individuals & organisations and lectures in tertiary institutions, government and non-government organisations.